Monday, December 21, 2015

Book - What I Know For Sure

Who don’t know Oprah Winfrey? I think most of you know her, but believe it or not, the first time I knew about the lady was few years back and I realised she used to have very popular show which she started broadcasting since 1986 or something. 

This afternoon I completed reading her book: “What I Know For Sure” it was very simple book, you might finish it in two to three sessions of readings. Oprah shares stories from her life or her friends or people she invited in her show, she shares timeless wisdom and insights. When you read the book you might say there is nothing new, I do agree, not much of originality but somehow I liked the book. It was a good read for me, somehow I started liking the personality of the writer. I would give this book 6 out of 10.

Some of the beautiful quotes which can be found in this book: “Ignoring your death is like dying a slow death. Your life is speaking to you every day, all the time-and your job is to listen up and find the clues. Passion whispers to you through your feelings, beckoning you toward your highest good. Pay attention to what makes you feel energized, connected, stimulated-what gives you your juice. Do what you love, give it back in the form of SERVICE, and you will do more than succeed. You will TRIUMPH!” and here a positive quote and great example: “I would like to thank the people who've brought me those dark moments, when I felt most wounded, betrayed. You have been my greatest teachers” and I stopped for a minute while reading this quote: “There is extraordinary in the Ordinary” 

Some of her teachings or way of life, reminded me of the teachings of our beloved Prophet Mohammed (Peace and prayers be upon him). Love for others what you love for yourself, seek knowledge, Gratitude, Love, have faith, …etc the same teachings every spiritual master teaches, and that’s why Oprah earned my respect even though I don’t know her, never watched a single episode of her show, but reading her words, I can say she is worth the respect.  I decided to follow her on Twitter, I noticed she is having 30+ million followers, which is not surprising for someone having such a beautiful soul and mind. My prayer for her that God protects her, shower her with blessings and happiness and guide her to the way of life that God loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment